TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Modified: November 24, 2021
These terms of service are entered into by and between you and Imaige, Inc. (“Company,” “we,” or “us” as the context may require). The following terms and conditions, together with any documents they expressly incorporate by reference (collectively, “Terms of Service,” or “Terms”), govern your access to and use of our websites, https://photofetcher.com/, https://imaige.com/, https://www.aices.com/, any of our mobile applications, including Photofetcher, or any of our services (collectively, the “Services”), including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through the Services.
The Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) you have not previously been suspended or removed from any of the Services; and (c) your registration and your use of any of the Services is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations. If you are an entity, organization, or company, the individual accepting these Terms of Service on your behalf represents and warrants that they have authority to bind you to these Terms of Service and you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Services.
We may revise and update these Terms of Service from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Services thereafter.
THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS.
1. ACCESSING THE SERVICES AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services, and any service or material we provide as part of the Services in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or all of any the Services to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services.
- Ensuring that all persons who access the Services through your internet connection are aware of these Terms of Service and comply with them.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of them using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any username, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms of Service.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Services and all content, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, products, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms of Service permit you to use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Services, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Services for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Services or any services or materials available through the Services.
If you print, copy, modify, download, or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Services in breach of the Terms of Service, your right to use the Services will stop immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title, or interest in or to the Services or any content on the Services is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company. Any use of the Services not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service is a breach of these Terms of Service and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
The Company name, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are the trademarks of their respective owners.
If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Service (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant Company an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Services and create other products and services.
3. PROHIBITED USES
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service. You agree not to use the Services:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Services, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Services, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms of Service, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Services.
- Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
4. YOUR CONTENT
- Content Standards. These content standards apply to any and all information that may be generated or encountered through use of the Services, such as photographs, images, data files, device characteristics, written text, software, music, graphics, sounds, videos, messages and any other like materials (“Content”). Your Content must in its entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, your Content must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
- Responsibility for Content. You acknowledge and agree that all Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted on the Services, is the sole responsibility of the person that generated such Content. You are solely responsible for any Content you upload, download, post, email, transmit, store or otherwise make available through your use of the Services.
- Removal of Content. The Company is not responsible or liable for any Content provided by you or others and the Company has no duty to screen such Content. The Company reserves the right at all times to determine whether Content is appropriate and in compliance with this Agreement, and may screen, move, refuse, modify and/or remove Content at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, if such Content is found to be in violation of this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
- Content Back-Up. You are responsible for backing up, to your own computer or other device, any important documents, images or other Content that you store, access, or allow access to via the Services. The Company does not guarantee or warrant that any Content you may store, access, or allow access through the Services will not be subject to inadvertent damage, corruption or loss.
- License. Except for material we may license to you, the Company does not claim ownership of the Content you submit or make available through the Services. However, by submitting or posting such Content in portions of the Services that are accessible by the public or other users with whom you consent to share such Content, you grant the Company a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Services solely for the purpose for which such Content was submitted or made available, without any compensation or obligation to you. You acknowledge and agree that any Content submitted or posted by you shall be your sole responsibility, shall not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or violate any laws, contribute to or encourage infringing or otherwise unlawful conduct, or otherwise be obscene, objectionable, or in poor taste. By submitting or posting such Content in portions of the Services that are accessible by the public or other users, you are representing that you are the owner of such material and/or have all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to distribute it.
5. END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that the Company and/or its licensors own all legal right, title, and interest in and to the Services, including but not limited to user interface, graphics, scripts and software used to implement the Services, and any software provided to you as part of or in connection with the Services (the “Software”), including any and all intellectual property rights that exist therein, whether registered or not, and wherever in the world they may exist. You further agree that the Service (including the Software, or any other part thereof) contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright. You agree that you will not use such proprietary information or materials in any way whatsoever except for use of the Services in compliance with this Agreement. No portion of the Services may be reproduced in any form or by any means, except as expressly permitted in these terms.
- License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, and nontransferable license to: (a) download, install, and use our Software for your personal, non-commercial use on a single device owned or otherwise controlled by you (“Device”) strictly in accordance with the Software’s documentation; and (b) access, stream, download, and use on such Device the Services made available in or otherwise accessible through the Software, strictly in accordance with these Terms of Service.
- Reservation of Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Software is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Software under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto other than to use the Software in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions, under this Agreement. Company and its licensors reserve and shall retain their entire right, title, and interest in and to the Software, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in these Terms of Service.
- Geographic Restrictions. The Services, or any part thereof, may not be available in all languages or all counties. You acknowledge that you may not be able to access all or some of the Services, including the Software, in any particular location. If you access the Services from outside the of where the Company makes such Services available, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Updates. Company may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide Software updates, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches, other error corrections, and/or new features (collectively, including related documentation, “Updates”). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that Company has no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality. Based on your Device settings, when your Device is connected to the internet either: (a) the Software will automatically download and install all available Updates; or (b) you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install available Updates. You shall promptly download and install all Updates and acknowledge and agree that the Software or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the Services and be subject to all terms and conditions of these Terms.
- Third-Party Materials. The Software may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products, services, and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising (“Third-Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Company does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
- Export Regulation. The Services and Software may be subject to US export control laws, including the Export Control Reform Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Services or Software to, or make the Services or Software accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Services or Software available outside the US.
- Beta-Testing. From time to time, the Company may choose to offer new or updated features of the Services, including the Software (the “Beta Features”), as part of a beta testing program (the “Program”) for the purpose of providing the Company with feedback on the quality and usability of the Beta Features. You understand and agree that your participation in the Program is voluntary and does not create a legal partnership, agency, or employment relationship between you and the Company, and that the Company is not obligated to provide you with any Beta Features. The Company may make such Beta Features available to Program participants by online registration, including via email, or enrollment via the Services. Your use of the Beta Features and participation in the Program is governed by these Terms of Service, any additional terms provided to you in writing by the Company, and any additional license terms that may separately accompany the Beta Features. By participating in the Program, you agree to keep all non-public information you learn about the Beta Features confidential. If the Company provides you with compensation for your participation in the program, such payment will be paid in the amount and at the time indicated to you in writing from the Company. The Beta Features are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis and may contain errors or inaccuracies that could cause failures, corruption or loss of data and/or information from your Device and from peripherals (including, without limitation, servers and computers) connected thereto. The Company strongly encourages you to backup all data and information on your device and any peripherals prior to participating in any Program. You expressly acknowledge and agree that all use of the Beta Features is at your sole risk. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROGRAM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INTERNET ACCESS FEES, BACKUP EXPENSES, COSTS INCURRED FOR THE USE OF YOUR DEVICE AND PERIPHERALS, AND ANY DAMAGE TO ANY EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR DATA. The Company is not required to provide you with technical and/or other support for the Beta Features. The Company reserves the right to modify the terms, conditions or policies of the Program (including ceasing the Program) at any time with or without notice, and may revoke your participation in the Program at any time. You acknowledge that the Company has no obligation to provide a commercial version of the Beta Features, and that should such a commercial version be made available, it may have features or functionality different than that contained in the Beta Features. As part of the Program, the Company may provide you with the opportunity to submit comments, suggestions, or other feedback regarding your use of the Beta Features. The Company will be free to use any feedback you provide for any purpose.
6.1.1 Termination by You. You may stop using the Services or delete your account at any time. You may also delete the Software and all copies thereof from your Device. Upon deletion of the Software from your device, all rights related to the Software under these Terms will terminate and you must cease all use of the Software. Deleting the Software or otherwise not using the Services will not limit any of the Company’s rights or remedies at law or in equity.
6.1.2 Termination by Company. The Company may terminate the Services or access to the Software at any time without notice if it ceases to support the Services or Software, which Company may do in its sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, Company may terminate or suspend your access to any Services without any notice if you violate any of these Terms.
7. RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
7.1.1 Generally. The information presented on or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
7.1.2 Third Party Content. The Services may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
8. CHANGES TO THE SERVICES
We may update the content on the Services from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
9. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO THE SERVICES
10. LINKING TO THE SERVICES AND SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
10.1 Linking to the Services. You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part.
10.1 Social Media Features. The Services may provide certain social media features that enable you to: (a) link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on the Services; (b) send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the Services; and (c) cause limited portions of content on the Services to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
10.3 Use of Social Media Features. You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Cause the Services or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
Link to any part of the Services other than the homepage.
Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on the Services that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Terms of Service.
10.4 Compliance with Content Standards. The website from which you are linking, or on which you make certain content accessible, must comply in all respects with any the Content Standards.
10.5 Cooperation. You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
11. LINKS FROM THE SERVICES
If the Services contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any part the Services will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED IN CONNECTION WITH, OR LINKED TO, ANY SERVICES.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, AND CONTENT, AND ANY ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES, CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES, PRODUCTS, OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SERVICES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, ANY SERVICESS LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICES OR SUCH OTHER SERVICESS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
OUR SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY, FOR ANY REASON, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES YOU HAVE ORDERED THROUGH OUR SERVICES.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms of Service or your use of the Services, including, but not limited to, any use of the Services’ content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms of Service, or your use of any information obtained from the Services.
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND ARBITRATION
YOU AND THE COMPANY ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY, OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT MAY ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE, OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN YOU AND US ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
15.1 Disputes Generally.
15.2 Opt-Out. You may opt out of the provisions of this Section 15 by sending to the Company, within thirty (30) days of agreeing to these Terms, a written opt-out notice that specifies (1) your name, (2) your email associated with such purchase, (3) your mailing address, (4) the date you agreed to these Terms, and (4) your request to be excluded from the final, binding arbitration procedure and class action waiver specified in these Terms (“Opt-out Notice”). To be valid, Opt-out Notices must be mailed to Imaige, Inc., P.O. Box 22700, San Diego CA 92122. and the date of mailing must be within thirty (30) days after the date that you agreed to the Terms (as confirmed by Company’s records).
15.3 Arbitration Process. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim and the relief sought to Imaige, Inc., P.O. Box 22700, San Diego CA 92122. The parties will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within thirty (30) days after the arbitration notice is received, you or Company may commence an arbitration proceeding. All arbitration proceedings between the parties will be confidential unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing. Any arbitration between you and Company will be settled under the Federal Arbitration Act and administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (collectively, “AAA Rules”) as modified by these Terms. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any Dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement. The arbitrator will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision, including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or the agreement is void, voidable, or otherwise invalid. The arbitrator will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity. Any award of the arbitrator(s) will be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
15.4 No Class Actions. YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Company agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
15.5 Enforceability. If Section 15.4 is found to be unenforceable or if the entirety of this Section 15 is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 15 will be null and void and, in that case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 16.1 will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
16.1 Governing Law; Jurisdiction. All matters relating to the Services and these Terms of Service, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction). Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms of Service or the Services shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of California, in each case located in the City of San Diego and County of San Diego, although we retain the right to bring any suit, action, or proceeding against you for breach of these Terms of Service in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
16.2 Electronic Communications. You agree that communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.
16.3 Other Terms and Conditions. Additional terms and conditions may apply to specific portions, services, or features of the Services. All such additional terms and conditions are hereby incorporated by this reference into these Terms of Service.
16.4 Force Majeure. We will not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in our performance under these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
- To You. We may provide any notice to you under these Terms by: (i) sending a message to the email address you provide or (ii) by posting to the Services. Notices sent by email will be effective when we send the email and notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current.
- To Us. To give us notice under these Terms, you must contact us as follows: (i) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or (ii) by registered or certified mail to P.O. Box 22700, San Diego CA 92122. We may update the email address for notices to us by posting a notice on the Services. Notices provided by personal delivery will be effective immediately. Notices provided by email will be effective one (1) business day after they are sent. Notices provided by registered or certified mail will be effective three (3) business days after they are sent.
16.7 International Use. Company is based in the United States. We make no representation that the Services is appropriate or available for use in all jurisdictions. Access to the Services from countries or territories or by individuals where such access is illegal is prohibited.
16.8 No Third-Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you.
16.9 Assignment. You will not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section 16.9 is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
16.10 Waiver and Severability. No waiver by the Company of any term or condition set out in these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of the Company to assert a right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
17. YOUR COMMENTS AND CONCERNS
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to: email@example.com or P.O. Box 22700, San Diego CA 92122.